Last updated: 11/3/2023
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Miles To Go Athletics, LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t share your personally identifying information, or data we collect through www.milestogoathletics.com, with anyone, except as needed, to provide product support, to comply with the law, or to protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal or customer information from www.milestogoathletics.com on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our Services. We may store customer information in an anonymized, aggregated manner, for analytics, product development and for the improvement of existing Services.
- You are in control of the information you share through www.milestogoathletics.com. As part of the Terms of Service, available at www.milestogoathletics.com/terms, we require that you respect other Users’ and your customers’ rights to privacy in the same manner you’d require your data to be respected.
This Policy does not apply to the privacy practices of third parties whose links may appear on or through the Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third parties or other Users. We recommend that you exercise caution before you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information to other users, on publicly accessible or displayable parts of the Service, or through third party links on third party websites or platforms.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data, please contact us at the Company email listed at the end of this Policy.
Collection and Use of Information
We do not and will not send spam, sell or rent your email address or any social media login account information to third parties. We do not disclose, sell, share, trade or give away a User’s personal information to third parties, except as needed for completing payment and billing transactions through the services of payment processing vendors, if applicable. We do not email your customers directly, for any reason. Please note that given the nature of our services, emails may be generated on your behalf through our service and may bear the Company branding. You are still responsible for the content of those emails complying with our policies and each of our respective privacy policies.
Like most website operators, our servers automatically collect certain types of non-personally identifying, technical information, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
- What website you came from to get here
- How long you stay for
- What kind of device you’re using
We use this information to better understand how our visitors use our website, to maintain Services, and to diagnose issues with the service that may arise.
In addition to the other uses described in this Policy, you agree that we may extract and use information from the information you disclose for the purposes of aggregating data in a non-identifiable method. This aggregated data may be used internally to improve services or without limitation, to develop, analyze, combine, or publish the aggregated data for commercial purposes.
Your use of certain of the Services may result in the assignment and storage of session cookies by Google Analytics to recognize your access privileges and generally track user preferences. A cookie is a text file that is placed on the hard disk of your computer or mobile device by a server. Session cookies expire when you end your session and close your browser interface. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Visitors who do not wish to have cookies placed on their computers or mobile devices should deny Cookies in the pop-up window. If Cookies are denied, certain features of our Services may not function properly.
Social Media Widgets
How we Share your Information
Company takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information.
Company discloses potential personally identifying information only on an as needed (or required) basis as follows:
- To Company employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that: (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide the Services; and (ii) that have expressly agreed not to disclose it to others. Note; Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Services you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take commercially reasonable steps to notify you in the event we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of a legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a written government request
- If Company becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets. In the event of a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, we will ensure that the acquiring organization agrees to protect personal information in accordance with the commitments we have made in this Privacy Notice, and that the acquiring organization will provide notice before personal information, customer information, or business information becomes subject to a different privacy notice.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
To review, access or update your personal information to review its accuracy, or request deletion please contact us at the Company email listed at the end of this Policy.
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with reasonable access to any of your personal or other account information we maintain within forty-five (45) days of your request. We provide this access so you can review it, make corrections, or request deletion of your information. If we cannot honor your request within the 45-day period, we will tell you when we will be able to provide access. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you access to your information; we will explain why we cannot do so.
Please note that any changes you make will be reflected in our active user database within a reasonable time, however we may retain information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud, to satisfy legal obligations, or otherwise we reasonably believe there is a legitimate reason to do so.
We do not offer choices to limit the use of personal information beyond what’s outlined in this Policy. We strive to only collect information that is required for our service to properly function.
If you have an account with us for access and use of our Services, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Company and our Services. We expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
Third Party Services
Company also uses third party services that provide servers, storage, and hosting services. Company does not transfer to third party services your personally identifiable information, and removes non-anonymized data immediately upon anonymization, and stores anonymized data on such third party providers.
Feedback & Support
If you send us a request (via a support email or one of our feedback channels), We reserve the right to publish it (stripped of all personally identifying information, of course) in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other Users.
We may provide technical support to service your account(s) with us. In order to do so, we may use certain personally identifying information, with your consent, to access your account for the purpose of troubleshooting, running tests, and/or otherwise providing support. In providing technical support to you, we may potentially see other personally identifying information viewable on your account pages. As with all other information, we promise to hold any information we encounter in the process of providing support to the highest possible security and protection standards.
Security & Data Storage
To prevent unauthorized access, safeguard data accuracy, and maintain the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to protect the personal information data you submit. We make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. However, since the Internet is not 100% secure and as new technology evolves and emerges, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third party interferences from illegally obtaining or tampering with your personal information.
We encourage you to help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you use the Services. Change your account password often, using a combination of letters, numbers, and characters, and make sure you use a secure connection.
Company will retain data (predominantly anonymized) for as long as needed for the purposes described above and/or as required by law. A user may request access to certain data about themselves by emailing their request to the Company email listed at the end of this Policy.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. The Company does not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Company prohibits children under the age of 13 from using the Site, including leaving any comments, filling out forms, or otherwise submitting information. If the Company learns it has any information or content from anyone under the age of 13, it will delete that information. Please contact us immediately at the Company email listed at the end of this Policy if you believe someone under the age of 13 has submitted any kind of information to Us.
Your California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and some other state laws provide you with fundamental rights. Due to our commitment to privacy, we have extended those data subject rights to persons in all jurisdictions.
1) Right to be forgotten (“Right to Erasure”)
This right provides you with the ability to ask for the deletion of your data. This will generally apply to situations where a customer relationship has ended. It is important to note that this is not an absolute right and depends on our retention schedule and retention period in line with other applicable laws.
2) Right to know how we are processing your information (“Right to Information”)
This right provides that you may ask us for information about what personal data is being processed and the rationale for such processing. For example, you may ask for the list of processors with whom we share your personal data.
3) Right to view the information we have collected about you (“Right to Access”)
This right provides you with the ability to get access to your personal data that is being processed. This request provides you with the right to see or view your own personal data, as well as to request copies of the personal data.
4) Right to rectification
This right provides you with the ability to ask for modifications to your personal data in case you believe that this personal data is not up to date or not accurate.
5) Right to withdraw consent
This right provides you with the ability to withdraw a previously given consent for processing of your personal data for a purpose.
6) Right to object to processing your information (“Right to object”)
This right allows you to object to certain types of data processing. These are:
- Direct marketing
- The processing of personal data for statistical purposes related to historical or scientific research
- The processing of data for tasks in the public interest
- The exercising of official authority invested in you
- Objections to data processing in yours or a third party’s legitimate interest
- Objections to data processing based on your own beliefs and situations
7) Right to data portability
This right provides you with the ability to ask for transfer of your personal data. As part of such request, you may ask for your personal data to be provided back to you in a machine-readable electronic format or, if technically feasible, transferred to another service provider.
8) Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right, at any time, to direct us (as a business that collects sensitive personal information about you) to limit our use of your sensitive personal information to that use which is necessary to perform the services expected.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at the Company email listed at the end of this Policy.
We will provide a response within 45-days of receiving a verifiable request. We may extend this time by up to 90 days, but we will let you know of this during the initial 45 days. A verifiable request is one made by you or someone on your behalf. We do not require that you have an account with us in order to make requests, however, if you do not have an account with us, we may ask additional information for the purpose of verifying the request.
After verification, we will respond with the information requested for the preceding 12-month period (you can make two such requests during a 12-month period). Our response will either be sent through your account with us or by mail or electronically, at your option. Once we can verify that the request is coming from you or someone authorized to act on your behalf, you will receive the information requested for the preceding 12-month period.
Additional information for International Users
If you are visiting this website and/or accessing the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information (including Personal Information) to the United States where Company servers are located. This information may be transferred within the United States or back out of the United States to other countries outside of your country of residence, depending on the type of information and how its stored by us. These countries (including the United States) may not necessarily have data protection laws as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence, however, our collection, stores and use of your Personal Information will at all times be governed by this Policy.
For European Union (“EU”) Individuals: Your Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
If you are a resident of an EU nation and use our Services from within the EU, you acknowledge that any information that we collect and store, for the limited purposes outlined above in this Policy, will be collected and stored outside of the EU. For avoidance of confusion, references to “personal information” in this Policy are equivalent to what is commonly referred to as “personal data” in the EU.
If the ownership of Company substantially changes, such that all of its assets were acquired, or merged into another entity, or in the unlikely event that Company enters bankruptcy, you understand that any stored personally identifying, and non-personally identifying information and data will likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer or merging entity of Company may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this Policy.
Objections and Restrictions
At any time, you may object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data containing your information except as permitted by applicable law.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can check to indicate you do not want your information to be used by the Company or any third party for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us at the Company email listed at the end of this Policy.
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any change in how we use your personal data we will notify you by email (specified upon registration), or we will notify you by means of a notice on this page prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.